Each week, I want to share something I appreciate about my community of faith, the Belton Church of Christ located in Belton, TX. Each week, I will highlight one “bright spot” in my congregation.
I participated in worship today as a hearer of the Word. Joe Baisden preached about God’s grace to the Belton Church of Christ. I love our church because I have experienced God’s grace through the life of Joe Baisden.
Joe preached at the Belton Church of Christ for 33 years. Joe’s ministry in Belton was marked by:
1. Love for the community– Joe joined Belton. He has always been an advocate for our community. He has been active in city government, schools, community service organizations. Under his leadership, Belton Church of Christ gained the reputation of being a church for the community.
2. Love for individuals- Joe has a heart for the hurting. He prioritized people above everything else. Joe is always quick to respond to those who are physically ill or grieving. Because of Joe’s pastoral heart, Belton Church of Christ became known as a caring congregation.
3. Absolute integrity- Joe Baisden is a man of character, a man of his word, and a man of the Spirit. He does what he says, and he follows through with his intentions. Joe instilled his sense of right and wrong in the congregation.
4. Gratitude- Joe writes thank you notes for every act of kindness he notices. In fact, if you write Joe a thank you note, he will write a thank you note for your thank you note. Joe gives thanks at every turn. Gratitude is a foundation of godly character.
5. Dependence upon God’s Spirit- Joe is known as a person of prayer and a man of the Scriptures. He talks about Scripture from an experience that says he has lived the Bible for many years. Joe’s dependence on God’s Spirit has shaped the spirituality of Belton Church of Christ.
I was able to receive Joe’s teaching about God’s grace because Joe lives as a grace-oriented man. His ministry at Belton Church of Christ is a grace to me. He has treated me with kindness and grace, and Joe has inspired me to continue to walk in his legacy. I love my church because of the character established by Joe’s 33 year ministry!
What characteristics would you like to be known for when people survey your career?