I have read enough blogs by now to know that the first time a person blogs, that person is to state their reasons for blogging. The writer is trying to answer the questions, “Why should you listen to me? What do I bring to the table?”
So… Why am I blogging? Why should you listen to me? What do I bring to the table? Let me answer by introducing my loves.
- I love Jesus. I believe Jesus is the best and fullest expression of God. Jesus is the best model for life now and life later.
- I love my family. Debbie and I have been married since 2003 and we have three young children. These are the people I want to be around more than anyone else.
- I love the Church and I believe that the Church is the best hope of the world.
- I love my church. I have grown up among a particular tribe of Christians I love, and I particularly love the Christians I have chosen to live among and minister to.
- I love learning. I enjoy taking classes and formal learning environments. I am currently pursuing a Doctorate of Ministry degree because I love the thrill of discovery.
- I love stories. I love to hear stories, tell stories and live stories. Funny stories, stories of faith, stories of courage and stories of wisdom are what I love to experience and to share.
Having said this, I am blogging because I am passionate about healthy churches and healthy church leaders. I believe that healthy churches will form healthy Christians, and I want to see Christ transform families, communities and people through healthy churches. I want to focus on healthy practices for congregations and congregational leaders, share stories of health, and provide a place for others to discuss healthy churches and healthy leadership.
I went first. What loves would you like to introduce? What passions do you have?